- A guy I have known for more than 25 years is one of my oldest friends, but it dawned on me the other day that on paper you would not think that was the case. He graduated from the university that is my alma mater's bitter rival, he does not drink, we like sports but none of the same teams, and I just found out he does not like one of my favorite movies. But he is the yin to my yang or I am the yin to his yang. So I don't know what makes it work but it does.
- I have a warped sense of humor.
- Example #1: Heard this on a podcast ... What is the name of the condition of a person with six fingers on both hands and six toes on both feet? Unfortunate.
- Example #2: From the TV show "Parks & Recreation" about the death of a mini-horse named Lil' Sebastian ... “When I walked in this morning I saw that the flag was at half mast, I though, ‘All right, another bureaucrat ate it!’ And then I saw it was Lil’ Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.”
- I have noticed lately that they are marketing deodorants that provide protection up to 72 hours. So have dudes evolved so much that are stench is just too powerful for ordinary deodorant?
- About 2 weeks ago Kyle watched "Cars" for the first time. Guess how many times he has seen it since then? The little dude loves that movie.
- So I mentioned horse herpes on this blog a few weeks ago. Well the outbreak is so bad that in Utah participants at a county rodeo queen contest had to perform their routines on stick ponies.
- And today is a bittersweet day for the Shifley family. We had to say goodbye to Quincy dog a year ago. We still miss him a lot, and it was hard letting him go but it was for the best since he had gotten so ill. Hope you are enjoying laying in the sun wherever you are Captain Furry Pants.
I always liked this picture of the two boys, and now I like to think that Quincy is still looking out for us.