Skip to main content
- Hola amigos. Happy Cinco de Mayo or as we say around my house, "Is it Friday yet?"
- Remember those eye-wash stations they had in chemistry labs? Wal-Mart should have those in their stores so I can erase the horrors I saw there this morning. Oh people of Wal-Mart how you take the casualness of sweat pants to a whole new level. I had not been there in months and was not ready for the optical apocalypse.
- Got any name ideas for the next Shifeleteer while he or she is in the womb? Mrs. Shife has rejected everything so far. 3.0 (Kyle was 2.0), Shaq, Chip, Squirt, Deuce (Sorry Dr. Ken), and ESPN (Expecting a Shife Probably in November).
- Kyle has started packing grapes in his cheek and he looks like a baseball player with a wad of Redman chewing tobacco stuffed in there.
- I am turning into quite the craftsman. I built Kyle a climbing wall out of some pallets and then I made him some pedal blocks for his tricycle.
- Anyone watch "The Amazing Race"? Were you as happy as me and my lovely wife when the Goth team got eliminated last week?
- Kyle has a new pal, Blue. We have been watching "Blue's Clues" quite a bit so I am now an expert in another world besides Sesame Street.
- Being Kyle's dad is awesome and this probably sums it up best, "To be your father is the greatest honor I have ever received. It allowed me to touch mystery for a moment, and to see my love made flesh. If I could have but one wish, it would be for you to pass that love along. After all, there is not much more to life than that." - Kent Nerburn
As I type this with my little guy on my lap, I couldn't agree more with that last one. Good luck with getting a nickname (Colin was "Teddy" while in utero). I do like 3.0 though.ReplyDelete
Let me just tell you what the second child teaches you:ReplyDelete
That there is no limit to the amount of love you have in your heart.
Vandal didn't make the short list?ReplyDelete
He is such a cute little guy! You sound like you are such a good dad to him!ReplyDelete
As for Blue's Clues, is it Steve or that other guy? My kids were born several years apart (1998-2004)so when they changed guys I had a slightly harder time with it than I should have since I am a grown up and all. For whatever reason I still can't accept the new guy as anything other than "the new guy" even though he's been there for a long time now.
What's with the sweat pants in Wal-Mart?ReplyDelete
Absolutely love the Kent Nerburn quote.
As for a name for the forthcoming babe, I've no ideas except it's probably better to wait until the sex is known.
Have a great weekend.
i liked the goth team.ReplyDelete
i guess kynt and vyxsin are out as names for the next shifeleteer.
Cisco, Rowdy, Spike, TannerReplyDelete
Kate, Holly, Randi, Kyla
Have you asked Kyle what the name should be? When I asked my very young son what his sisters name should be he came up with a few I remember: Table, Chair, Lamp and my favorite, Bulldozer.
Aw. Look at him grow. I'll have to get back to you on the name suggestions and I can't celebrate "The Amazing Race" because a) we don't watch it and b) we don't watch it because we don't have cable :-( --only Netflix.ReplyDelete
My he is gettin big!ReplyDelete
So glad the goths are gone.ReplyDelete
But the important question here is - does the Shife household prefer Steve or Joe? Be careful how you answer...
Boy = Optimus PrimeReplyDelete
Girl = Jamaraqui
Congrats again on the new baby shife on the way! I like Travis idea of Vandal! Or Boilermaker :)ReplyDelete
I am so glad the whiny Goth team is gone. I am rooting for the globetrotters but I really like all the teams left.
You're asking us to help out with naming the next little Shife? Well, okay. How about this one:ReplyDelete
Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii
That is no joke. It is also no joke how stupid people are. You and Mrs. Shife on the other hand are about as far away from stupid as Walmart is from humanity. You guys will come up with a GREAT name for the little one! XOXOXO
Now that Deuce is out of the running, may I offer up another name?ReplyDelete
I have been in a Transformers mood.