- My little man and my lovely wife have birthdays this month. Is Kyle too young for a birthday stripper?
- March Madness. The greatest sporting event in the history of sporting events. Not to be confused with World Cup Fever. Or Super Bowl Syphilis.
- The Major League Soccer season gets under way as well as spring training for baseball. And in all fans hope springs eternal especially fans of the Cubs. No matter the circumstances, sports fans will always hope for the best and think that this year will be the year for their team. Fans of the Cubs have been hoping for more than 100 years.
- Spring break. It has been a long time since we actually enjoyed a spring break but this year we are doing the pilgrimage south. I better get the thongs down to the dry cleaner.
- Softball. It is time to shake off the rust and pretend that I am 32 for the next 7 months playing with friends on the ball field. And hopefully I don't do this or that.
- And 11 years ago I got down on a knee and asked the love of my life to marry me. She said yes and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world having Mrs. Shife as my wife.
Mania thought my hat would look good on him as he posed for the camera. And his camo shirt did not do a good job of hiding his lunch, drool, and whatever else he thought went well with his outfit.