Skip to main content
- Someone is showing control with his bladder so it is just a matter of time before the potty training begins. I'm so proud of myself that I can finally quit wearing diapers and get into big boy panties. OK it is not me but my son. For the last few days when I have been changing his diaper he will shout out "pee pee" and then relieve himself. I don't think I am ready for this chapter of the father-son relationship. Are there any Potty Whisperers out there?
- At the end of January it would have been the 11-year anniversary of adopting the original Captain Furry Pants, Quincy Dog. We are still a little crestfallen and missing him but for the most part we just remember the good times and how special he was to us. Anyway, I don't know if it is coincidence or a sign from the universe that he is in a better place, but a show we watched on the anniversary was based in Quincy, MA for that episode. And then the Packers won the Super Bowl. We adopted Quincy the day after Super Bowl in 1999 and he was wearing a Green Bay Packer collar.
- It is an awesome feeling watching my son be my son. At his class, the teacher blew a bunch of bubbles and the kids were suppose to pop them with their fingers and toes. Kyle popped a few with his fingers, then stomped a few with a nice karate yell (Heee Yaw), and then he got on all fours and starting eating the bubbles off the floor. That's my boy.
- I never thought I would get excited about buying Kyle some Elmo pajamas, but then again I never thought I would get excited about having a nice, hot cup of tea on a winter morning. I am slowly but surely turning into my mother.
- I don't like being sick. This cold/viral infection can lick my taint.
- I know marriage is not for everyone but for the love of furry, rotund bassets, people who do get married need to take it a little more seriously. I know I don't know the complete story but when the rich and famous Hollywood types get married after being together for 6 minutes then divorced less than two years later it is just redonkulous. How about you date for a year or two before getting hitched? The real reason it chaps my slightly hairy butt is that these folks are actual role models for kids - even though they shouldn't be - and it is setting a horrible example. On the other hand, how often do the rich and famous really set great examples for the youngsters out there?
- And since I will not update until after Valentine's Day I thought I would share a photo of the two people who have captured my heart and love forever and ever ....
I'm looking forward to potty training if only for the economic bonus of no longer buying diapers.ReplyDelete
There's been a cold/infection going around down here, but considering the geographic difference, I doubt they're related. Get better soon
"Turning into your mother" ~smile~ReplyDelete
Values change huh?
Oh, I really like the pic. It's real good anyway but I like the "depth of field?" the way it's focused but the background is blurry, whatever, great pic.
Think of the money you'll save when potty training is done. Love the photograph, it's really beautiful.ReplyDelete
I potty trained 4 kids plus some daycare kids I watched when I did home daycare. The biggest thing is to not push and let them tell you when they are ready (not necessarily with words). With my first son, I tried to give him a little nudge towards potty training and it just caused more stress for both of us. It seems like you are doing a great job of listening to your little guy and I'm sure you both will be fine through the whole process.ReplyDelete
I totally agree with the marriage thing. I don't know if you know all the details on my situation, but even people who have been married for long periods of time need to remember to take it all seriously. Celebrities always make me scared because they take marriage so lightly. The way some of them hop from marriage to marriage makes me wonder if they don't realize you can date without getting married and that maybe they should give that a try for a while.
What a beautiful picture, and even more beautiful words about the picture.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
"# I don't like being sick. This cold/viral infection can lick my taint."ReplyDelete
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Classic Shife. You crack me up dude.
ON the potty-training tip: My sister has been letting my nephew walk around without his underpants on for a bit (around the house) so that when he feels the urge to 'go', he is more inclined to let her know and go to the potty instead of continue to relieve himself in his pants. Unorthodox but it worked.
P.S. The today's captcha was 'sucto'. Ha!
You need to get this book if you don't already have it:ReplyDelete
You'll thank me later.
excellent photo! greeting card material.ReplyDelete
the best has yet to come, building electric train layouts!
Sweet! Everyone thinks that our son will be in therapy...he is ready for potty...I am not!ReplyDelete
Photo? Priceless. Totally beautiful.
Also...are you sure your butt is only "slightly hairy?" What are the parameters? ;)
Happy having a 2 year old! I wish life could continue as a 2 year old...you know what you like, what you don't like...and speak your mind!
Awwww. You guys sound like the happiest family ever. This was sweet.ReplyDelete
That is an amazing picture, Shife.ReplyDelete
Let us know if you find a potty whisperer. Great picture hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!!
I've really been missing out. This photo is gorgeous!ReplyDelete