- Since the baseball playoffs are under way it reminded me of trying to convince Mrs. Shife two years ago that Ray Romano from "Everybody Loves Raymond" bought the Tampa Bay baseball team and that is why they are called the Tampa Bay Rays. She didn't buy it.
- Speaking of Mrs. Shife, I attempted to talk her into doing the no-pants dance by romancing her with the charming sentence "Don't you know it is Cocktober?" And she reminded me that it was also "Blocktober."
- Does anyone know a black guy named Roger? The only one I could think of was Danny Glover's character from "Lethal Weapon." I don't think too many people have a dog named Roger either.
- Kyle discovered a new toy to play with, the toilet. He thinks it is awesome when he drop stuffs into the porcelain god. The victims include a Blackberry and a hair brush. We do our best to keep the bathroom doors shut but sometimes we forget, but we are quickly learning that the little man does not forget.
- My goal this week is to live in the now. And then after 7 days I will try to do it for 7 more, and then 7 more after that. By then I hope it will be a habit. I just feel like I am always looking ahead or looking back. I need to bask in the power of now.
- If you are not dreaming then you are just sleeping.
- So does anyone have a new favorite TV show this year? I am not in love with anything right now but "The Event" has kept me interested so far.
Thursday, October 07, 2010
Arbitrary Deductions from a Slightly Skeptical Human Being
The title is just another way of saying Random Acts of Shifeness. Actually I didn't want to cheapen your blog experience by using the same blog post title from last week. Yep that is how I roll.
Well that is all folks. Have a good weekend, and remember to think before you drink. That's right you should think about adding a couple of shots of Jagermeister to your order because you really want to wake up naked in your neighbor's fountain-like Japanese maple. Do it.