- Greetings and salutations. Well March has rolled in and I am definitely looking forward to the warmer weather. The thong is already at the dry cleaners. I have had a little bit of cabin fever since I am at home with Baby Shife so it will be nice to get outside and start playing again.
- However I can't start playing until I have my ankle surgery. I will be going under the knife next Monday so I will be probably be out of it for a few days and therefore I would not expect the DWG blog to be updated until around St. Patrick's Day or as we like to call it around my household, Mrs. Shife's birthday.
- Speaking of surgeries, Nip/Tuck will finally be put out of its misery tonight. At one point this might have been one of the best shows on TV but now it is pretty awful. I am not sure why I am still watching but it is the series finale tonight so I will be there for the final cut. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
- And with the end of Nip/Tuck, I am trying to fill that void in my TV schedule. Any suggestions? Supernatural and Fringe are the two that have been most recommended to me the most.
- We filled a void since the Winter Olympics broke up with us by finally breaking down and buying the Wii Sports Resort. Pretty, pretty fun. Me and Mrs. Shife are hooked on the 3-point-shooting game.
- Wow all of these random acts are not actually that random since they are segueing nicely into each other. I guess I will go with the basketball theme and say that I am glad that the college basketball season is almost over. My beloved Tar Heels had a very, very disappointing year. They have 2 games left and that should be it, but at least they will finish with a .500 record or better. They were ranked #4 to start the year and will end up with 15 or 16 losses. I guess that is why they don't play the games on paper.
- Paper or plastic? Most of the time I go with plastic because they make great pooper scoopers when we take Captain Furry Pants for a walk.
- I think I might do it. The fat basset is not the only one walking. Baby Shife took his first step at the end of January, and now he is putting them together like a wild man. He is probably taking 12-15 steps at one time. Watching him walk reminds me a lot of a really, really drunk guy trying to walk out of the bar. Anyway I have some video goodness below for your viewing pleasure. The other video is of the little man getting introduced to his rocking horse. I think it might be the beginning of a beautiful relationship. And I apologize in advance if the song the horse sings gets stuck in your head.
P.S. I forgot to reveal my actual age. Billy, Red, and Random Chick were correct on their guesses, I am 39. Turning the big 4-0 this year, and you know what that means ... that's right an awesome prostate exam. So excited.