- Besides waking up and saying "I can't believe I am XX years old today" there are two other things I do on my birthday. I watch "The Big Lebowski" and I call one of my best friends from college because we share the same birthday.
- I love sports, and I pretty much have a favorite team in most of the leagues but there are 4 teams that I absolutely follow passionately. The St. Louis Cardinals in baseball, the Arizona Cardinals in football, the North Carolina Tar Heels in college basketball, and the University of Idaho Vandals in college football.
- My favorite word is crestfallen followed closely by sullied.
- I have grown up with basset hounds, but Quincy the fat basset and the basset previous to that, Higgins, are my true basset loves. Those two dogs will always have a special place in my heart. We will get another dog someday and it will be a basset but I think it will be more for my little man if he wants a dog. And I will love this dog as well but Captain Furry Pants and Higgins came along during really great parts of my life. By the way, Quincy is fine so I hope I don't sound like I am saying he is taking a dirt nap soon.
- My nickname is Shife based off of my last name. Anyway it is also featured in a rap song because "Being Shife" is being hardcore. The name of the song is "Lookin' Shife" by Pimp Squad Click.
- I am about 95% deaf in my left ear. Born that way.
- My favorite quote: "A crowded elevator smells different to a midget." I like it because it is funny but it is also more than just a silly phrase. Sometimes we lose track of what we don't have instead of what we do have, and your life is about your view, your perspective.
- My favorite food is pizza, and the best place I ever, ever, and I mean ever had pizza was at Giordano's in Chicago.
- I have hitchhiked 3 times in my life. The most adventurous was going from Kellogg, Idaho to the Canadian border. A buddy and me left the bar at closing time and decided we wanted to go to Canada. So we hopped a fence and stuck out our thumbs and made it to the border about 16 hours later. We ended up getting 4 rides to make it there, and the sad thing is once we got to the border they would not let us in. That is an even longer story.
- The best place I ever saw a concert was at the Gorge in George, Washington. Metallica played and it was freakin' awesome. Metallica is great but the setting is what really made this concert awesome. If you ever get a chance to go to the Gorge in George do not hesitate. Do it.
- Oh and a bonus one because I have to eat my words on something. I have bashed Twitter here numerous times but I finally signed up and must admit it is not as bad as I thought. I enjoy some aspects of it so I will continue to tweet for the time being. Here is my info if you tweet as well, http://www.twitter.com/mrshife.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
The title of the post makes me feel like I am repeating dialogue from one of the "Hellboy" movies. But instead thanks goes to blogging buddy Red for tagging me and asking me to share 10 things honest things about myself ... so here it goes: