A Random Chick tagged me.
She is a new friend in the blogosphere so I will be accommodating. I can’t run her off quite yet.
She asked for six random, unimportant, silly, quirky things about me, but I don't follow instructions well (Hello, I am a descendant of cavemen) and I like to overcompensate (Hello, I like to wear dresses for Halloween). Anyway, I proudly present 16 items about this dumb, white guy.
- I am deaf in one ear. Born that way.
- I love animals, and I have had a significant basset hound in my life since my teenage years. The animal that I find the most fascinating is the shark.
- I think the key to life is low expectations. For example, if you think you are going to die in your sleep and you wake up the next morning perfectly fine you are going to be pretty happy.
- I am quietly approaching blog post #500 and my blog was actually featured on NPR some time ago.
- I hitchhiked to
. I went to school at the Canada Universityof Idahoin so it not as dramatic as it sounds. Moscow
- I spent six days in jail. Just some dumb drunk college prank that got a little out of hand.
- I spent the first 22 years of my living on a military base. My dad was in the Air Force and I was in the Navy.
- I have seen a lot of naked men. I spent 8 years living with large groups of men – the Navy and a fraternity.
- I have been married to Mrs. Shife for 3 ½ years and we have been together for almost 11 years.
- I try to watch “The Big Lebowski” on my birthday every year. My favorite movie is "Casablanca."
- My all-time favorite word is crestfallen. Unsavory is a close second.
- Unbeknownst to him, we videotaped a guy in college inserting inanimate objects into his anus. Most notable was a basketball trophy. Please don’t ask you really do not want to know.
- The hardest habit I broke was chewing tobacco. It took me 10 years, and I have been off the stuff for over 5 years.
- My ringtone is “The Final Countdown” by
- If I am feeling a little mischievous I like to tell strangers that I meet that I used to be a foot model.
- I love
basketball. I don’t have a real good reason but my Dad grew up in North Carolina Illinoisand loves all of the teams. Well when the Bulls drafted a certain guard from North Carolina named Jordan it was love at first sight when I saw that Carolina blue. I have several things I want to do before I die but the top thing on my list right now is to go to Chicago and watch a Tar Heel basketball game live. Chapel Hill, NC