- Lewis Black, a comic, made an excellent point recently about Earth Day on The Daily Show. Now that Global Warming/Climate Change is trendy to the celebrities, he discussed how ridiculous it is that they are all shoving all these environmental issues down our throats, and how we can save the Earth if we start acting like them. When Paris Hilton is telling that you need to recycle then the issue loses just a little credibility. Anyway, Lewis summed it up by saying, “So there you have it. Advice on saving planet Earth from a bunch of people who couldn’t even save Planet Hollywood.”
- Gere apologizes over Shetty kiss – Even if I wanted to articulate this headline correctly, the 13-year-old boy inside of me will just not allow it.
- My advice for the week – Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.
- And here is another one – Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...
- OK, one more – There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
- If you tell a man that there are 400 billion stars, and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint, and he has to touch it.
- Mr. Shife’s sporting life update: The co-ed softball team Scared Hitless is 2-0.
- And in case you were wondering, Spartan King Shifley’s pep talk to my immune cells did not do the trick and I have been sick all week. To make matters worse, it is suppose to be absolutely awesome this weekend and I got an effin’ cold. Oh well, it is just a cold. You can’t take life too seriously – no one gets out alive.
Have a great weekend!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Hope you feel better soon Shife! It really does suck to have a cold in the spring....I tend to prefer the summer myself. You know, when the weather's really crappy!ReplyDelete
Things went well for me too. Although I feel a little empty on the right side. :D
Nice job on the ball team.ReplyDelete
Eh, look at it this way...better a spring cold than a summer cold ;)
Have a good weekend between the sniffles!
My favorite joke of all time from Lewis Black is about the ozone layer: "We have men, we have rockets, we have saran wrap... FIX IT!"ReplyDelete
Did you enjoy lunch today?
Remember, in the end, the Spartans couldn't hold off the invading forces. You probably got sold out by some rogue white blood cell.ReplyDelete
Hope you feel better, because nothings worse than being sick on a weekend.
my house is just like afflect's.ReplyDelete
it was like he was talking directly to me. then i woke up.
About having to touch to touch wet paint to prove that it's wet, why do we always have to make someone smell or taste something rancid just to prove that we aren't wrong as well.ReplyDelete
Sorry you were sick, hopefully you got to enjoy some of the weather. It was awesome here in Indiana all weekend. I just started recyling last weekend, not because of the celebrities...but I was watching a special on 20/20 about global warming and I thought to myself "I guess I can make a difference" I didn't realize how much plastic and paper I threw away just being me myself and I. So I hope mother nature thanks me!ReplyDelete
i LOVED that lewis black piece. when he had matt damon and matt said - if you have a house like mine and lewis stopped it right there. helair!ReplyDelete
hope you feel better!
I've been a bit behind in my blog reading so I missed this post. You need to add 1 more.ReplyDelete
There are 10 types of people. Those who can count in binary and those that can't.
If you understand that one your a computer geek.