- Evidently the marriage vows “for better or for worse” do not apply to the movie, “Jackass Number Two.” Mrs. Shife has communicated to me that she will not see this movie with me. The only way I can drag her to the theaters is if I watch the 59-hour BBC version (OK it is only 5 hours, but these types of movies work like dog years for guys. To you it is only 300 minutes, but to us dudes it is like 2100 minutes) of “Pride and Prejudice” with her. I honestly don’t think 90 minutes of juvenile humor and groin kicks equals a Limey marathon. So does anyone want to see “Jackass” with me?
- Speaking of Mrs. Shife, here’s a shameless plug. My wife and I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary this Monday. I am not sure what you get your sweetie for #2. So Happy Anniversary to my lovely wife.
- The season premieres of “The Office” and “My Name is Earl” were awesome, especially “The Office.” I have been giggling to myself all morning thinking about Michael, Dwight and the gaydar. I was a little disappointed with “Grey’s Anatomy.” I just thought it wasn’t as good as it could have been.
- If anyone is in Boise on Oct. 27 you are cordially invited to Mr. and Mrs. Shife’s Second Halloween Extravaganza. I got my costume picked out this year but mum’s the word until after the party.
- Summer is over officially Saturday. Bummer. I am not ready for the cold weather yet. And I am definitely not ready for the annual every single tree in the neighborhood has its leaves fall into our yard event.
- Here are some signs that you are getting old: “A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good shit," and “I just can't drink the way I used to” replaces “I'mnever going to drink that much again.”
- Seeking recommendations for Reno/Lake Tahoe? Me and Mrs. Shife are going there for Thanksgiving and are trying to decide where to stay, Reno or Tahoe? I am about the gambling and the nightlife, and Mrs. Shife wants to hit the slopes. So we are in a bit of a quandary on where to stay.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Friday, September 22, 2006
Random Acts of Shifeness
Work has kept me busier than a one-armed arm trombone player with crabs again this week, but I still had a few minutes to come up with some completely unsystematic thoughts.