Well it is the end of another week so that means it is time to unload things that are weighing heavily on my mind.
- I know some of you watch "Lost," and I will be the first to admit that this week's episode was one of the best I have seen. I really enjoyed it, and it made you think again about what the heck is really happening on that island.
- Speaking of good TV, "My Name is Earl" was not too shabby either. One of the songs on tonight's episode really took me back,"Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider. I used to listen to that song before every one of my wrestling matches and it got me pumped. I first heard it when I saw the movie "Vision Quest." Love that song.
- Since I brought up wrestling, I was not too shabby in that little sport either. I wrestled from 7th grade to college. My weight classes were 70, 75, 98, 98, 103, and 112. I had to cut some serious weight in high school, and the methods I chose were not the healthiest. In the long run it was not worth it, but at the time I thought so. I got a wrestling scholarship to college but like I mentioned in my last entry I drank myself out of college my freshman year so I really didn't take full advantage of that scholarship.
- Some inquiring minds wanted to know what yours truly did to get 6 days in jail. Well basically me and two buddies were walking home from the bars at about 3 in the morning and decided to see if this one bar on the way home was still open. And I will swear that what I am about to say is the truth until I am dead, the doors to this establishment were unlocked. So we decided to go in and have a few cocktails. And since you know I went to jail you know that someone saw us in there and reported us to the police.
- Before I forget, if anybody is interested in sports and wants to check out a blog written by me and two other cool dudes about the world of sports then check out Turf Toe.
- Internet Tip: When the Internet is running slow, clicking on your mouse as hard as possible and grunting at the same time does not appear to improve the rate at which a page will load.
- I know I have complained about the weather but look at the 10-day forecast for my lovely little town and tell me that is not depressing.
- And finally here is a pick-up line for all the single men or ladies out there.
(Use index finger to call someone over then say) I made you come with one finger, imagine what I could do with my whole hand.
Have a great weekend my friends.
Wow, I am the first on the scene! It's not even quite Friday yet but already my week has been made. ;)ReplyDelete
Trust me, trying a line out on a guy is the LAST thing I need to be doing. I'd end up with 14 different versions of that dude who followed me all over Target. Egads!
pickup lines never fail to work! thanks for that one shife, it's going in my repertoire.ReplyDelete
Who can watch Lost when America's Next Top Model is on at the same time????
The bar was unlocked? Ohhh my idea of heaven. I would have made off with a few THOUSAND dollars worth of alcamhol....well as much as i could carry/drink anyway.ReplyDelete
OMG Rain for 10 days.ReplyDelete
Start building that ark.
Awesome pick up line!!!ReplyDelete
it's good to be back on the link list mrshife !!!!ReplyDelete
"When the Internet is running slow, clicking on your mouse as hard as possible and grunting at the same time does not appear to improve the rate at which a page will load."ReplyDelete
I've also found that pounding the button to the floor you want on an elevator doesn't make it go any faster either. And sign me up on the My Name is Earl bandwagon. Great show.
I would not have pegged you as a wrestler cool! Scholarships are so nice, I had one for cheerleading.ReplyDelete
I enjoy your sports blog, so you have the Phats seal of approval, like you care haha!
Sorry about your weather :( we are under a tornado watch right now if it makes you feel better.
Have an excellent wkend
What do you mean, two "other" cool dudes? Don't you just mean you and two cool dudes?ReplyDelete
By the way, I still don't understand how you got thrown into jail for going in there, unless you like made yourself drinks in the empty establishment, in which case you might have deserved a little jail time, though I'm sure no one made you their bitch in jail due to your ENORMOUS BALLS, which would be required to make yourself drinks in an empty bar at 3 in the morning.
That was a pretty awesome Lost!ReplyDelete
and and awesome My Name Is Earl...I always love to watch juliet lewis kick ass. Almost made me pop in Natural Born Killers late last night.
Thanks for sharing your jail story, that is a damn good one buy the way.
and, thanks for the pick up line, also a damn good one.
I love My Name is Earl too, but I don't watch it too often b/c I'm addicted to that which is called The OC. (I don't know why, but I am. It was the same with 90210. I hope your opinion of my has not diminished too much)ReplyDelete
My bro wrestled too in HS. He went between heavyweight and whatever class is right under that. Speaking of which, did you ever watch G.L.O.W.?? (if you have no clue what I'm talking about, it's ok.)
Have a great weekend!
wow, another kurt freakin angle! you are man!ReplyDelete
glorious ladies of wrestling. everybody's seen that.
it almost seems like earl is losing his edge, they're making it too family friendly.
i love lost..and think this weeks may have been one of the best..and that guy playing the prisoner..is sooo creepy....he played a creeeepy character on the first boston legal show....eek..ReplyDelete
That pickup line is offensive. I'm shocked that you posted it on your blog.ReplyDelete
I'm leaving the internet now and I'm going back to my bible studies.
Yeah, the bar was unlocked after you busted the door open.ReplyDelete
I thought pressing the mouse button rapidly actually got the computer kick started again.
Since I'm not posting until I'm done with my project and this link has a special reference to your man (the Hoff) I thought I'd post this link here.ReplyDelete
Makes you never want to go on Vacation! Make sure you read from day one!
Damn. That is some depressing weather. :(ReplyDelete
Even though the bar doors were open, don't you know you're not supposed to serve *yourself* coctails at a bar? Gah.
That is the oldest, lamest pick up line ever. And it will work on me everyfuckingtime.
"My Name is Earl" is probably one of the best and most underrated shows on tv. It definitely doesn't get the attention it needs.ReplyDelete
By the way, it sure does rain a lot in Boise. That forecast is more than a little depressing.
I always thought Boise was practically a desert.ReplyDelete
I think Bozette's right- you'd better start building an ark.
RYC: I think WordPress is GREAT! You can get a free blog at www.wordpress.com if you don't want to get your own domain, etc. I think it would be well worth your time to at least set up a free account over there and import all of you posts/comments from Blogger. It won't delete anything over here.....just back up your Blogger blog occasionally.ReplyDelete
I'm with Steph!ReplyDelete
Who could NOT go into the unlocked bar??
In fact, NOT taking advantage of such a situation should be an arrestable offense.
Believe it or not, I've never actually watched Lost.ReplyDelete
I saw a movie preview this weekend with the Hoff in it =)ReplyDelete
I may just have to use that pick-up line.ReplyDelete
You tihnk THAT 10-day foecast is depressing? I used to live in this little place called Seattle. All I have to say is that Kurt Cobain did not kill himself becasue of the pressures of celebrity of heroin addiction.ReplyDelete
Oh that last one LOL!!!!! Thanks for the tip, I don't usually grunt, but curse, and that does not appear to work either!!!! Vision Quest rocked!!!ReplyDelete