Here is the latest batch of stuff that has left a mark on my grey matter.
- I am hurt that most of you are like Mrs. Shife and think I tripped because I saw a hot chick. OK, I am not really hurt. It would have made more sense if it was a hottie wearing boob-hugging spandex, but I swear on Quincy’s long, velvety ears that it was a male jogger. And unless I drank myself gay over the weekend, I usually don’t get excited about men. Unless it is Christian Bale and then I might try out for the other team.
- We have to run 8 miles this weekend so I might have to wear the blinders they give horses so I don’t have another Urkel moment as someone pointed out in the comments.
- Having two nieces and two nephews in our house last weekend makes me no closer to a decision about wanting kids. Some days yes, some days no. I don’t know what we are going to do. I am thinking adopting a Swedish teenage girl might be our best option.
- Speaking of the little ones, I watched more than my fair share of Dora the Explorer, Blue’s Clues, The Backyardigans, and the Wonder Pets last week. Really great stuff. I know all about teamwork now.
- Sorry Mack, but Duke went down last night and it was a beautiful thing.
- Speaking of hoops, I still don’t know how Gonzaga blew that game last night. It was there for the taking and they choked.
- If you have not had the opportunity to see the movie “V for Vendetta” then you need to get your ass to the theatre. It is way cool. I know it is only the movies but can you imagine if the people really realized that we have the power. Like the movie said, “The people should not be afraid of the government, the government should be afraid of the people.”
- Did anyone watch the season finale of “The Shield?” I wasn’t surprised who got killed but the way it happened was shocking.
- Holy crap! We got a new episode of “Lost” this week and we got another one next week.
That’s all folks, have a great weekend.
I was totally orgasmic over "V," and not due to Portman alone. Great film, and one of the most humbling, thought-provoking movies I've seen. The only movies that has ever rendered me as speechless and deep in thought have been "Munich," "Schindler's List," and "Syriana."ReplyDelete
On Lost, I got confused....Did Sun sleep with that other dude?? I mean how could Jin have gotten her pregnant???ReplyDelete
Next week looks pretty good...on the previews they showed the "hot air ballon"!!!!
V for Vendetta was amazing, better than I had expected. I heard that it got really slow in the middle but I didn't find that. I did think the knife fight scene at the end was a little too Matrix meets Kill Bill though.ReplyDelete
Shife, I'm telling you dude, no kids is the way to go. I mean, shit, who needs kids when you have comenters?ReplyDelete
All I hear these days is, "What's gonna work? Teamwork!" It's driving me up the wall. Sam went to V last weekend, so I guess it's my turn to go.ReplyDelete
So your turnover dude is Christian Bale, huh? Interestin.ReplyDelete
You know, that would make a killer post idea! I could never pull it off (no balls) but if anyone would make it work it would be YOU, Shife!
Doo Doo Doo Doo Da Dora! Dora Dora Dora the Explorer...Boots and Super Cool a lore lora. I know Dora all too well from my nephew and I am all set on the no kids thing.ReplyDelete
There are too many dogs out in the world that need to be rescued, loved and allowed to live a wonderful life. I would rather have a house full of dogs then kids.
Though you and MrsShife would have beautiful little ones :).
And as far as deciding to have kids, just go for it. Very few people consider themselves 100% ready, and those that do usually question themselves afterwards! LOL
Having nieces and nephews might give you a little idea of what it's like having kids...but it's still not the same as having your own.ReplyDelete
I find having your own is much more stressful.
My favorite wee show is "Backyardigans". My nephew becomes so mesmorized by the show, that everything stops. He stares at the screen blankly, with just a smile and you can see his lips moving to the lyrics of the music. Pretty neat children trick huh?ReplyDelete
Um, yeah, that is "super cool explora Dora..." hellooooo.ReplyDelete
Anyhow Matt, I think you are totally ready. Those of us who have kids have days where we are happy and days where we are not. Kinda like having a spouse... hmmmmm I did NOT just say that :P
Did you know "V for Vendetta" is based upon a comic strip from the late 80's early 90's?ReplyDelete
The comic it came from also gave you Judge Dredd (just shows what happens when you rip a brilliant graphic novel to shreds and let Sylvester Stallone act the lead).
The British comic, or graphic novel to officianado's, is "2000 AD".
You can get it in the States, and it is now very famous for launching some seminal artists careers.
I read it from "Prog 1" when I was 9 (twas launched in '77 in the era of Punk and Mrs Thatcher)
Anyway....going to take 'She' plus 'She's' mother and I to a "Gold Class" showing (restaurant service, big loungy horizontal stuffed chairs, beers bought to you every half an hour etc etc" next Saturday.
New blog coming soon!
Just for the sake of looking more intelligent and gramatically focused in my prior comment: "The only moves that HAVE ever rendered me as speechless..."ReplyDelete
Boy, when you read it as is at the top, I really sound like some asshole from the South, don't I?
Can't wait to see V for Vendetta tonight! I'm a big fan of Alan Moore's stories.ReplyDelete
I was on the fence abot "V" but now I must see it. So glad I popped over to see what's new with the Shifes.ReplyDelete
Oh, and UConn is still in so thanks, dude. Enjoy your 8 Mile today.
reverend, i find it interesting that three out of the four movies that have "ever rendered you speechless" either came out this year or last year. i guess there are just good movies being made lately?ReplyDelete
Good thing you didn't watch those "violent" cartoons like Tom & Jerry. You might think it's ok to go around hitting cats with frying pans or using mice for fish bait!ReplyDelete
As for Lost, I think Sun got preggers when she was "taken." The others seem obsessed with babies and children, so it would make sense that they would do that. But who knows where those crazy writers are going with this?!
Think you might run into Eminem on 8-mile?!
i have no regrets over my kids but i do regret the years i spent jogging and now have sore knees.ReplyDelete
well trained kids can really do some cool tricks.
I agree with Christian Bale,he's fucking hotReplyDelete
I keep telling you. No good can come from jogging!ReplyDelete
I bet you and the mrs would be great parents!ReplyDelete
I was so happy to see both Duke and Gonzaga lose on the same night, WOOHOO! don't like either.
Don't watch Lost or the shield sorry
I believe you when you say you tripped. I know you would never be gawking at another woman. You're different from other men. *coughbullshitcough*ReplyDelete
A Swedish teenager? Hmmm....well OK, just make sure she's 18 so you don't run into problems. :P
hey buddy- I agree, I'm highly impressed by the new episodes of Lost. Rock on witht their bad selves! also, congrats on running 7-8 miles. Tripping over men aside, I think that shows great determination and I am truly inspired. :)ReplyDelete
go see "v" is now on my list of things to do.
I can't s-t-a-n-d Dora the explora. My favorite Sat morning cartoon is Lazy Town. I sing and dance to it, too.ReplyDelete
Don't think I'm kidding.
Swiper no swiping!ReplyDelete
Being a nanny, I know all the favorite kiddie shows. Noggin channel is a favorite.
But - you haven't lived until you've watched Oobie.ReplyDelete
They sure do love to spread out the LOST episodes, huh?ReplyDelete
Well I am definitely going to see that V for Vendetta movie!! It is like the third time you have mentioned it!!! I am going on Sunday!!!ReplyDelete
Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted toReplyDelete
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my christian music song lyrics site.
Good luck in your endeavors!
Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.ReplyDelete
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my evelyn champagne king music lyrics site.
Have a great week!
I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,ReplyDelete
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my free downloadable music lyrics site.
Have a good day!