Well the madness has begun and I am busy trying to keep track of my 37 different brackets. Yes, 37. I know I have a problem. I think some survey estimated $3.6 billion in worker productivity will be lost during the tournament and I am doing my part to contribute. But I did manage to come up with some more unsystematic thoughts.
- Happy Birthday to Mrs. Shife tomorrow. She turns the big 30. I think the fact that she has been involved with yours truly for nearly 10 years is a bigger accomplishment but enough about me. Happy Birthday, my lovely wife, you are the best.
- I watched “A History of Violence” yesterday, and I was a little disappointed. The movie got a lot of rave reviews but I just didn’t see it. It was OK but I don’t think it was worth such lofty praise.
- My Final Four picks – Iowa, Ohio State, UConn, and Memphis.
- I experienced the smell of dead mice for the first time in my life. The wedding we attended last weekend was at a small country church. Some of those little rodents decided to take up residence in the walls and floor and then die. Not a good smell at all.
- The reception for the wedding was held at a farm’s shop and if you had to relieve yourself there was an outhouse. No big deal, but it was late so they put a giant spotlight inside the outhouse for lighting. There are just some places that should not get a lot of light – outhouses, strip clubs, and adult bookstores are a few places that come to mind.
- The Sopranos returned with a bang. It was a great episode to start the new season.
- The Shield’s season finale is Tuesday, and it is going to be an interesting episode. And after watching last week’s show, I will never think of sweet butter the same way.
- I am looking forward to seeing “V for Vendetta.”
- I am not looking forward to seeing “Basic Instinct 2.” As a matter of fact, I am not going to see it at all. Seeing Sharon Stone naked 14 years later is not worth the price of admission and I am pretty sure the plot of this film will not make the Mensa society jealous.
- I love baseball, but my love for the sport is starting to wane. I am just having a hard time getting excited about this upcoming season.
- I almost forgot. Someone asked about our half-marathon training and we are up to 7 miles this week.
Have a great weekend.