I am liking the post where I spill out my brains to all my unsuspecting readers so much that I am going to try and do it once a week. So welcome to the first official edition of Random Acts of Shifeness.
- I am way overdue for a visit to the washer and dryer. I am down to my third-string underwear. What am I talking about? Well I figure everyone has first-string underwear. The panties that you always grab and throw on no matter the occasion. Well I have run out of those, so I looked at the bench and starting wearing the undies that get some play but they are not my favorites. Well I am out of those too. I am wearing the last-ditch cotton scrubs that are buried in the bottom of my drawer. So I like to say I am wearing my third-string or walk-on underwear.
- And you might be thinking why doesn’t your wife do your laundry? Well because I do my own laundry and it is 2006. The wife of Shife and I have been together almost 9 years but we don’t share laundry. She does hers, and I do mine.
- I am starting off the month by visiting the dentist. Oh boy I am so excited. It shouldn’t be a big deal because it is just a cleaning but I want to get my money’s worth so I will be eating Oreos and Cheetos shortly before my appointment.
- Speaking of dentists, I love it when they are working on your choppers and then they ask you a question. I personally find it rather difficult to enunciate when they have their fingers jammed down my mouth.
- Anyone else disturbed by how fast bird flu is spreading?
- Mrs. Shife and I finally saw “Brokeback Mountain” this past weekend. A lot of buzz created from the gay cowboys but I was never really truly inspired to see the film. I don’t know if I am too liberal or if I watched too much “Six Feet Under” but seeing two men in love doesn’t make me squirm nor do I view it as groundbreaking. I think Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal did great jobs but the story was not that interesting in my opinion. I feel if you made that same story about a man and women in a forbidden romance it would have sucked. Just my two cents.
Have a lovely day, and please remember that you should not run with scissors.