- NASCAR. The Super Bowl of the sport was this weekend, Daytona. I just don't get the appeal. Can someone give me one compelling reason to even care about a sport that is just one big left turn?
- The Winter Olympics. Not too enthusiastic about the Olympics this year. I have watched a few hockey games but that is about it.
- I guess we should be grateful that Vice President Cheney has gone a whole week without shooting another person. The press was pretty brutal on Dick. I just wish they would use this same kind of tenacity towards President Bush and Iraq.
- I highly recommend two movies, "Swimming Upstream" and "House of D." They are both out on DVD and are excellent films.
- Hollywood has finally done it. They have released something compelling enough for me to drag my ass to the theater, "Eight Below." I plan on bringing a box of tissues. I have Monday off so Mrs. Shife and I are celebrating President's Day at the movies.
- Speaking of President's Day, is there one holiday that is not completely commercialized? I am so glad that we can honor two great men by having huge linen sales.
- Mrs. Shife and I are currently training for a half-marathon (13.1 miles) in May.
- We finally named the two new additions to our household. Mrs. Shife got a pair of goldfish for Valentine's Day and after several days of debating they were tabbed Bud and Sissy. They are named after characters in a movie. I will send you a virtual hug if you can tell me the film.
Have a nice day, and as always, your comments are welcomed and appreciated.