With the short work week, I have been pretty busy at work and home. So I hope you enjoy these strange but true facts. I will have something original tomorrow.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
- Humans, dolphins and Bonobo Chimpanzees are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
- On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
- Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
- Did you know that you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider?
- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
- In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked every hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
- A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
- Polar bears are left handed.
- The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds, that makes the catfish rank #1 for animal having the most taste buds.
- The flea can jump 350 times its body length, that is like a human jumping the length of a football field.
- A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before it starves to death.
- The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body.
- The female initiates sex by ripping the males head off.
- Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
- A cat's urine glows under a backlight.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- Starfishes haven't got brains.
So can we get some recently dumped girlfriends and Jerry Springer guests to work as back-up generators for Starbucks?ReplyDelete
And why haven't we created a pill from pig hormones yet? (it has to be exclusively for males--females already have the multiple thing going for them)
jySo let's see, if there is ever a pig/lion hybrid, that's 25 hours of orgasms a day.ReplyDelete
this is a good post tonight! I enjoyed it. I wonder how many people will now start getting those self sticking stamps to avoid calories? I have been trying to make myself sneeze for the last 10 mins to see if I could sneeze with my eyes open, I will let you know what happens when it comesReplyDelete
Hmm . . . to be a pig or a lion? That is the question.ReplyDelete
Although, Coloradohurricane has the best idea. But I bet if you had hybrid it would cut both figures in half . . . so 15 minute orgasms at 25 times a day . . about 6 and a quarter hours per day of orgasm. That's good. Still leaves plenty of time for power naps, snacks and perhaps a little bit of work, if you must.
The slices of cheese really cracked me up man. And I'm glad that I'm atleast burning so many calories as I beat my head against the wall over here!!ReplyDelete
I wish I were a pig!ReplyDelete
I once read that something crazy like 15 roaches could live off the glue of one postage stamp for a month. That's a lot of living off just 1/10 of a calorie.
Also, I think the rest of you are crazy. 30 minute orgasms sound like the worst idea ever. You would be dry-heaving for about 29.5 of those minutes - ouch.
Cool stuff, Shife. (Except the left handed people dying 9 years earlier than righties. ) First it's scissors, then it's the catcher's position and now life expectancy. Lefties... we got the short end.ReplyDelete
I feel smarter, yet even more dumb.ReplyDelete
I don't know about the dolphin, but when I had sex with a Bonobo chimp, I kept falling out of the damn tree !!..I wouldn't call it pleasurable :-/ReplyDelete
Angel -- I called the Pentagon this morning and they are working on it.ReplyDelete
CH -- This might be a potential new market for the tobacco industry and it would be quite the attraction at the local zoo.
Phats -- You are a trooper. Let me know if you are successful.
MD -- Yes, that is not a bad way to spend the day. As long as there is no cuddling.
CS -- Maybe you should banging your head against those Danish pillows you have talked about.
ME -- A pig's life doesn't sound too shabby.
Vince -- You do bring up an excellent point. We might have to have a roundtable discussion.
FO3 -- Yes, it sucks for the lefties. Mrs. Shife is a leftie so I am doing my best to shorten my life span so we both go at the same time.
Kels -- I have that effect on many people.
SSG -- Did he at least call you the next day? Those flippin' chimps.
Why do lions do it so much, if not for pleasure??ReplyDelete
here's a fact for you mrshife...ReplyDelete
"you know way too much useless stuff yo !!"
that's really interesting.. especially the one about the strongest muscle in the body...
This is awesome...you have outdone yourself again...ReplyDelete
50 times a day, to be exact...
Excuse me while I go bang my head...
Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour....how do you think i lost all my weight from my first baby?ReplyDelete
hmm, the stamp diet - could be the next atkins. All you have to do is bang your head against the wall for 13 minutes and lick 3 stamps a day.ReplyDelete
Alright I sneezed and tried to keep my eyes open but i felt this odd pressure building and i got freaked my head might explode so I shut my eyes D'oh!ReplyDelete
I'd hate to be a sperm whale. All that junk, and no pleasurable sex? I am just like a lion, bushy hair and everything. Pigs have nothing on me. Score! I will live nine years longer than the polar bear next door...ReplyDelete
There are days I wish I was pig... and there are days I wish I were a female praying mantis... Sometimes those days are the same...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!ReplyDelete
I work with a lot of starfish!ReplyDelete
You are a wealth of information Shifey. Granted it's useless shit but you know EVERYTHING!ReplyDelete
Why is it that whenever I read ANYTHING about how hard my heart is working, it freaks me out?ReplyDelete
It's as if I'm afraid that once it knows how much effort it puts into working, it'll go on strike.
See, this is EXACTLY why you don't want me commenting on your blog, Shife! ;)