- In case anyone is interested, the fat basset is doing well. He visits the vet Tuesday, and hopefully the doc will give Quincy the clearance to go out on his own. For the last 7 weeks, we (and when I say we I mean mostly Mrs. Shife) have had to take him out when he visits the great outdoors to relieve himself. So if he gets the OK, he can start using his doggie door again. Boy aren't you glad you came to the blog for this exciting bit of news.
- Evidently I hate myself because I started training for a half-marathon again. I ran 5 miles Saturday, and in 16 weeks I will be running in my second half-marathon.
- I love movies, but I have not been to the theater in awhile. Nothing has really caught my eye and inspired me to fork over $10 bucks. But there are two films on the horizon that I will be seeing for sure -- Reno 911: Miami and 300.
- I talked about this before, and maybe it is because I have been to our local mall more often than usual, but I am really tired of seeing teen's underwear. I know I am older and maybe I have turned a little conservative as I matured but I just don't need to see Robby's pants around his knees so his exposed Fruit of the Looms make me want to kick him in the nuts. Or I don't need to see Suzy's g-string running halfway up her back because her pants are so low. I don't think it is unreasonable that when I see you are using your undergarments as a fashion statement that I can just walk up and cut the waist band with a pair of scissors.
- I have discovered a new show on ABC that I am enjoying, "The Knights of Prosperity." Unfortunately, one of my least favorite people, Dustin Diamond aka Screech, will be guest starring on a recent episode. Now if that dude happened to get anally assaulted by a herd of wild monkeys plagued with rabies and scurvy, I would not be too upset about it.
Have a great day, and I almost forgot to mention what happened to our house. We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture.